Stuffed tomatoes with rice is a classic of the Italian cuisine during the Summer time
Serves: 4 people
- 4 beef tomatoes
- 250g Arborio rice or red rice
- A bunch of Parsley and basil
- Salt and black pepper just enough
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Extra virgin olive oil, just enough.
- Oregano and Fennel seeds if you like
- Remove the skull cup of each tomato and keep aside
- With a tablespoon start emptying the tomato very carefully and save the inner parts in a container.
- Blend the pulp and season with parsley, basil, salt, black pepper, oregano and part of the EVO oil.
- Add the rice to the mix and let rest for few hours.
- Without exercising to much pressure, fill up the tomatoes then cover with the top ( point 1).
- Oil an oven tray where you will place the filled tomatoes and some unpeeled potato wedges which will be seasoned in the same way of the tomato mix, adding a garlic clove and some fennel seeds before the baking.
- Top them all with some extra oil and Cook in the preheated oven at 200C for 45 minutes.
- Once ready, take out and let rest. Serve warm.
Stuffed tomatoes with rice is a dish which can be made in advance so that can get more flavor while resting.